- The area where a plant or animal lives and grows under natural conditions.
- Hiding area/cover
- Vegetation capable of hiding 90% of an adult elk or deer from human's view at a distance of 200 feet or less.
- High grading
- A harvest method that removes the biggest and best of a species, thus degrading the genetic pool for the area.
- Hydrologic cycle
- Also called the water cycle, this is the process of water evaporating, condensing, falling to the ground as precipitation, and returning to the ocean as run-off.
- The science dealing with the study of water on the surface of the land, in the soil and underlying rocks, and in the atmosphere.